Saturday, October 20, 2012

Article: Employers Hot On Application Developers

I just got through reading Employers Hot On Application Developers by Art Wittman in Information Week in the Practical Analysis series. It is a great read for anyone who is talking about career paths for students, and developers making career decisions.

I think one of the selling points is the money of course. The median income for staff developers is $95,000.00 USD. The other interesting information was that 7% of companies surveyed said that they would increase staffing of application developers by 21-30%, 11% were planning on staffing by more than 30%. I don't normally pay much attention to percentages without sampling data. However, it is still impressive.

It is a one page article and I recommend taking a peek at it. I found it interesting, and I hope you will too.

0 comments :

Popular Posts